10 things to include in your wedding albums
Updated: May 12
I thought I'd share a little guide we think help create and makes your album help wedding couples and their families relive their wedding day and favorite moments. We typically go through a few rounds of reviews before making the finale cut but these are pictures that showcase cute or fun moments, people you love, all the small and big details to tell your unique wedding day. Here are 10 things we always try to include and other photographer should also include within their albums.
1. We always start with getting ready photos as this really helps create your story of the best day ever. We all get to see if you were nerves, there's always fun moments with the guys trying to tie a bowtie or regular tie. All the girls in their morning robes, drinking champagne and getting their makeup done and the moments in between.
2. Sometime couple will choose to have a "first look" before the ceremony especially when they have the time. This some very cute moments between the both of you and they we can also headed into your portrait session.
3. We love to photograph every step along the way and capturing our couples as they head towards the ceremony is definitely a must. They're a ton emotions that begin coming out the closer we get towards the aisle or in front of the officiant.
4. The Ceremony. This goes without saying - this album would not be made without a ceremony. Walking down the aisle and the grooms reactions are always my favourites.
5. The first kiss. This is optional to some religions but we will never miss the moment to capture this photograph.
6. The exit out of the ceremony. This is were you can finally say you both did and all the hard work finally is finished. After this point its time to party!
7. As photographer this is our favorite part. Couples Portraits!!! No matter if you did this part right after your first look or after the ceremony, you wedding day can't go without a few portraits of you guys in your wedding attire. You didn't spend a few hour getting makeup for nothing.
8. Group shots and Family photos. A photo album would not be complete with some group images showing all the loved ones that made your day a little more special.
9. Reception + cocktail moments. This could be a time while friends and family are playing a game or your maid of honor made your cry during her speech. Maybe it's a moment you might not have seen but we captured. There so much happening within your day this part of the day is always so fun to see what everyone was doing.
10. Lastly you can't forget to add your first dance and everyone else having a hilariously good time. Moments you also get to talk to most of your guys and also enjoying your day to the fullest.